- 1 1/2 cups cooked cannellini beans (or about 1 can), rinsed
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the beans, basil, garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice in a food processor. Process until basil is finely chopped and the dip is almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If you’re using this as a dip, you can top it with toasted pine nuts or fresh basil leaves before serving.